Samsung bosses apparently want the Galaxy S23 to use the Exynos 2300 chip

The business is not prepared to abandon its own Exynos chips

Samsung typically offers two versions of its top-tier Galaxy S phone: one with a Snapdragon CPU for the US and a few other territories, and another with its own Exynos SoC for the European and Asian markets. In terms of effectiveness and performance, the Exynos variant has nearly never outperformed the Snapdragon counterpart. The Korean firm altered its strategy this year in response to the unfavorable feedback by making the Galaxy S22, which is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, available in more markets. According to rumors, the business may use a similar tactic for the Galaxy S23 next year and completely omit its Exynos chip, but that appears to be unlikely.

According to GSMArena and the leaker Ice Universe, Samsung’s Mobile eXperience (MX) division was dissatisfied with the Exynos 2200’s performance in the Galaxy S22 this year. The chip features AMD’s RDNA 2 GPU and is built on Samsung’s 4nm EUV fab, although it performs and uses power significantly less effectively than its rivals. The top executives at the firm still want to provide the Galaxy S23 their own Exynos 2300 chip for some markets, despite the semiconductor division’s consistently dismal performance. The Exynos 2300-powered Galaxy S23 may be introduced by the Korean smartphone manufacturer in Europe if this report proves to be accurate. The phone’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 model would be available in other markets.

Over 70% of the Galaxy S22 units sold worldwide already use a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip from Samsung. The remaining 30% of devices sold in Europe and a few other areas are those using Exynos 2200 processors. Cristiano Amon, CEO of Qualcomm, recently warned that this number would increase dramatically in the coming year because the firms have expanded and renewed their collaboration through 2030.

According to reports, Samsung is also developing a specially designed SoC for its Galaxy phones, akin to Apple’s A-series CPUs for iPhones. For its upcoming Galaxy devices, it might ostensibly improve the chip to give higher efficiency and performance. But it won’t be until at least 2025 before the unique SoC makes an appearance. Exynos chips are currently mostly found in Samsung phones, but they also occasionally turn up in Vivo and Motorola phones.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *